Co Ed dressing room policy
Co-ed Dressing Room Policy
Lakeland Lacrosse Association firmly believes in accommodating both genders while growing the game of Lacrosse. Our goal is to balance the safety, privacy, and wishes of every individual without compromising any aspects of social interaction and bonding. This policy attempts to meet all these goals while providing a safe and respectful environment for our participants.
- Lakeland Lacrosse Association stresses the importance to coaches of ensuring both male and female players have equal access to pre and post team sessions and to all team related activities.
- Lake land Lacrosse recognizes the limitations of some facilities and encourages our Association members to work with local arenas and facility management to ensure that appropriate changing facilities are available to both genders.
- Lakeland Lacrosse allows co-ed dressing room situations to exist at the Mini Tyke/Tyke to Novice levels, 4-10 years of age provided participants in a co-ed situation either arrive in full equipment or wear at a minimum gym shorts and a full t-shirt.
- At the Pee-Wee level (11 years old) and above; the following conditions will apply to all co-ed team environments:
- Females and males will change in separate rooms
- Both genders (Male and Female) shall come together in one dressing room fully prepared to participate in the pre-game/practice talk not more than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled floor time unless otherwise indicated by the coaching staff.
- The players shall depart the dressing room not more than 15 minutes after the game/practice unless otherwise indicated (to stay longer) by the coaching staff.
- The players shall not begin changing, helmets, gloves etc..; until indicated by the coaching staff.
- When necessary, due to facility limitations, showering shall be done in shifts It is the hope of the Lakeland Lacrosse Association that these provisions adequately address the aspects of social interaction and bonding while providing a safe and respectful environment for all our participants.